Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My favorite Christmas Movies


so I recently had the privilege of "preaching" at my church last Sunday, I got to give a "meditation" on Christmas and I was deeply honored and a bit troubled,....

I had a hard time sorting through alllllllll the things that came to mind when it comes to Christmas. ( you can read how I was inspired at http://www.theplace.ca/ )
But what I came to realize is that movies played an important part of shaping a balanced Christmas view in my life. The bible story is the best and the most important, but it's been movies that remind me that the story of Jesus is the best and most important.


Here is my list of favorite Christmas movies in order :
1. One Magic Christmas ( 1985 -Disney/hallmark, starring Mary Steenburgen)
2. Elf ( 2003 - New Line Home, starring Will Ferrell )
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965 - Bill Melendez Films)
4. Joyeux Noel ( 2005 - Sony Pictures,Director Christian Carion, starring, Benno
Furman) * fantastic movie set in WWI
5. A Christmas Story ( 1983 - Warmer Bros., starring Peter Billingsley)
6.Scrooge ( 1970 - 20th century fox, starring Albert Finney )
7. Miracle on 34th Street ( 1947 - 20th century fox, starring Natalie Wood)
8.How the Grinch stole Christmas (1966 - Warner Bros.,starring Boris Karloff)
9. The Bells Of St. Mary ( 1945 - Republic Pictures, starring Bing Crosby )
10. Love Actually (2003 - Universal Studios, starring Colin Firth)

You may be wondering where your favorite is or why I haven't included some... I love ALOT of Christmas movies, I like even more.... but this is my top ten for this time in my life. There are some that will always remain in my top 10, they'll just move around. AND still others that will be replaced and move down into my top 30 :o)
Merry Christmas!
**if you have favorites tell me about them!

No comments: