Sunday, December 31, 2006

I LOVE the HOLIDAYS


I had a WONDERFUL Christmas and I hope everyone who reads this has as well.
The kids slept until 8 am and although Zac and I were quite sick we didn't let that dampen our spirits.
We started by opening our stockings and talking. We then prayed as a family giving thanks to God for how blessed we all felt and for sending us the best gift, Jesus.
Our family observes Advent throughout the whole Christmas season, and on Christmas morning we lit all the candles, finally lit the Christ candle, and let them burn all day until they burned out. Reminding us of hope, peace, joy, love and Jesus. THEN we opened presents, had ALOT of laughs, reminisced, played, Zac and I even snuck in a nap while the kids played, got dressed, and headed over to an awesome Christmas dinner at Grandma's house with family.
WEll this is the last day of 2006, and I for one will be sad to see it go. I am completely excited for what 2007 will bring, but I can't complain about 2006. It was a good year. Infact a very good year. I had a great time with my husband and all my kids this year. Many adventures, lots of family gatherings, quiet love times, inspirations and successes. God continues to show me how faithful and loving He is, and as long as I continue to be a willing student He will teach me marvelous things.
Happy New Year everyone! May you be blessed in all that God has to offer, may you continue to follow Jesus, and may you be an example of love in all that you have and all that you do.
amen.

No comments: