Wednesday, November 01, 2006

yesterday was FUN!






so I know I know....
Christian in a position of quasi leadership at church encouraging the celebrating of a heathen holiday........
but come on!.............
FREE CANDY!!!!!

we had a lot of fun yesterday! we made spiders from oreo cookies, devilled eggs made from real devils :o), frankenstein rice, blended brain punch,and bloody cows tongue for dinner!
We decorated pumpkins, hung plastic ghosts from our rose bush and hung spooky lights from our deck. Also the twins and I designed some monster candy pails to go trick or treating with.
The kids laughed all day and even our oldest (14 yr. old -after finding out all his friends wanted to do was spend all night trying to scare people ) "dressed up" and told people his costume was "his Dad" - hahahahahahahahah, the littler boys would introduce him but be sure to tell people it was a costume so he wouldn't miss out on the candy. It was hysterical!
My daughter dressed up like Kat VonKat from Miami Ink, we even sprayed her Golden blond locks BLACK. I had fun "tatooing" her with black permanent marker which turns out isn't so permanent ( thank the Lord) Wow 13 year old costumes sure have changed I remember being a gypsy......
My 8 year old was the HULK, he wore 8 shirts to bulk up under his "green" skin, and the twins were a mummy and an "atomic wrestler".
Even my husband wore all black with an orange collar to work.
I wore a pirate mask all day and was praised for being "festive".

It's all fun! I love making "holidays" memorable. Making stuff with the kids, encouraging my kids (and adults) to participate, it's a good lesson no matter what the holiday.

No comments: